Skip to content
Money, quote bubble, and repairs spanner logos
Register your online account for a chance to win £100

Use your Clarion account to quickly request repairs, contact us and make secure payments 24/7. Register for a chance to win a £100 Love2shop voucher. Terms and conditions apply.

Temporary accommodation

Decants: moving in to temporary accommodation

Occasionally residents need to move in to temporary accommodation because of a problem that needs repairing at their home. This is normally because of an event such as a fire, flood, or major unplanned repair. This move is often referred to as a “decant”.

Sometimes a move is just for a short period, sometimes for longer, depending on the work needed to the home.

If you have to move out it’s because your home is unsafe. We’ll need to ensure that it’s safe to live in before you can move back in.

Moving out in these situations can be difficult, but we’ll minimise your disruption and keep you updated throughout.

Find out more about moving in to temporary accommodation

Contact us

If your enquiry is urgent, please phone our customer service team on 0300 500 8000.