Commercial Procurement Supply Apprentice level 3 - Hindlip (Worcestershire), WR3
£18,159 per year
37 hours a week ( 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday)
About this opportunity and role
West Mercia Police provide a quality policing service to almost 1.2 million people in Herefordshire, Shropshire and Worcestershire. This area covers over 2,800 square miles and contains a diverse mix of people and communities. So, equality of opportunity, inclusion and diversity are fundamental to the organisation's vision, values and priorities. This is reflected through a range of networks which help enable staff to come together, share experiences and support each other. These include a BM-E network, Disability Network, Autism Network, PRIDE Network, Women’s Network and both Dyslexia and Hearing Impairment Support Groups.
West Mercia Police are seeking two Level 3 Procurement Apprentices to join their Procurement and Contracts Team. The successful candidates will help source goods and services while supporting the wider team to deliver its strategy and meet governance and reporting requirements.
The Apprentices will earn while studying towards a Level 3 Commercial Procurement & Supply qualification. They will work with dedicated, passionate and caring people who joined the Police to make a difference and protect people from harm. The apprentices will receive mentoring from senior, existing team members throughout the programme, and from other members of West Mercia Police to support their study of individual course modules. This is a brilliant opportunity to build a career with a clearly defined progression plan and to develop a set of skills that are transferable to many other industries.
Successful candidates will:
- help coordinate the flow of work and track progress vs plans
- help design and set up a library of contract documentation and templates.
- help maintain different procurement systems and databases.
- research and prepare reports/statistics for sourcing strategies for standard work as well as specific contracts.
- support the Procurement and Contracts Manager and Procurement Business Partners in the preparation of Key Performance Indicators for the department.
- support the team in the implementation of contracts.
- help maintain Standard Operating Procedures and Templates as required.
- coordinate responses to Freedom of Information requests related to Procurement and Contracts.
- help coordinate and prepare for Contract Management activity on Supplies/Service Contracts.
- deal with routine procurement enquiries from managers, Police Officers, Police Staff and Suppliers/Contractors.
- provide other support to the team as needed, such as project support and facilitating planning meetings and other duties appropriate to the nature and level of the role.
The successful candidate must:
- have GCSE English & Maths at grade 4/C or above.
- be good verbal and written communicators who enjoy speaking and providing good customer service.
- have the resilience to handle some difficult conversations and the curiosity to ask questions
- be logical thinkers, interested in handling and interpreting data to come up with innovative solutions
- be able to prioritise and remain calm when dealing with multiple tasks.
- have a basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel (can be from college projects, etc), and the interest and ability to learn more
- not already hold the same or similar qualification (Level 3 Commercial Procurement & Supply Apprenticeship)
- have a right to work in the UK and have lived in the UK for the last 3 years
- be aged 30 or under to apply for these opportunities via Talent RISE