Plumbing Apprentice - London
£22,672 - £24,856 Per Annual
Plumbing Apprentice - London
We are pleased to announce a range of exciting opportunities for enthusiastic and committed Plumbing Apprentices to work with us within our acclaimed network of franchisee depots nationally.
This is an apprenticeship offered in conjunction with Clarion Housing Group and the B2B Division of Franchise Brands plc (comprising Metro Plumb, Metro Rod, Filta and Willow).
Metro Rod & Metro Plumb are quality National and Regional Plumbing Franchises providing re-active and preplanned services run through multiple depots located throughout the UK. We have an ambitious and exciting growth strategy with the aim of becoming the respected market leader in UK commercial drainage and plumbing.
As part of this strategy, we want to develop our talent from within – that includes developing a technical engineering workforce that will demonstrate longevity, commitment and engagement with the values of the business.
We are therefore now seeking Apprentice Plumbing Engineers to undertake an approved NVQ Level 3 Training Programme in Plumbing and / or Gas Safe Engineering at registered training provider within the relevant locality or region.
The apprenticeship includes all aspects of plumbing, with introductions to Home Emergency Plumbing Services and Low Voltage Electrical safety together with a recognised Gas Safe Qualification.
This is a full-time vacancy and as well as undertaking your approved course of study, you will be involved and supported in providing a range of emergency and contracted services to both commercial and domestic customers, buddying up with one of our qualified and experienced Engineers.
As well as your approved course of study, you will be provided with applied on the job training in the following:
- To carry out a range of services associated with the fixing, inspection, cleaning, clearance, repair and maintenance of our customer’s hot/cold-water plumbing systems;
- To deliver an exceptional standard of customer service and technical expertise;
- To ensure you work in accordance with H&S and Quality Assurance procedures;
- Maintain your company service vehicle and equipment to the highest standards;
- Accurately record work / job details via a range of bespoke internal / client systems and applications;
- Communicate effectively with clients and Metro Rod Support Centre colleagues to ensure excellent customer service is provided at all times;
- Be part of an on-call rota to help service our clients 24/7 / 365 days a year.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be committed to a long-term career in plumbing engineering;
- Have a positive, flexible, can-do attitude;
- Want to be part of a growing and progressive business;
- Be willing to work unsociable hours;
- Hold a full UK driving licence or be working towards this aim
- Good general standard of education (GCSE or equivalent);
- Ability to work in a positive team environment and develop your skills;
- Networking opportunities associated with working for a prestigious housing provider and a market leader in plumbing services;
- Competitive rates of apprenticeship pay;
- Auto-enrolment pension;
- Structured approach to your training and development.
- 3-year fixed term initially with a view to a permanent role upon qualifying.
To register your interest, please click 'Apply Now' to email us and attach your CV.