Level 3 Gas Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship
The Gas Transmission Gas Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship (Mechanical) Programme is a 4-year apprenticeship, in which you will complete a BTEC and HNC in Mechanical Engineering, whilst also working to a level 3 Maintenance and Operations Engineering apprenticeship qualification.
During your time on programme you will be based at a local gas site, in which you will gain invaluable on-job experience to support you working towards your first post technician role.
You’ll join our Gas Transmission Operations team at one of our gas operational sites around the country. By maintaining the pipelines, compressors or gas turbines, you’ll ensure the safe, secure and reliable operation of our gas network.
You’ll also help bring about the necessary changes to enable new sources of gas to enter the UK. During, and on completion of the apprenticeship, you will work as part of a larger team, so good communication skills are essential as you may have to interact with your immediate team, the general public, agencies and emergency services on safety related matters and also provide technical advice to other stakeholders.
- GCSE Maths, English Language and a Science GCSE at a 4/C and above PLUS one of the below
- 2 additional GCSE's at a 4/C and above
- BTEC equivalent in a STEM subject
- You must hold a valid full UK car driving licence, or be willing to learn to drive and agree to secure a valid full UK car driving licence within 12 months after joining the programme.
- To live within a 60 minutes travel commute of AlrewasGas Terminal.