HGV Technician apprenticeship
Over the next 3 years as you become a qualified HGV Service Technician, you will:
- lLearn to service vehicles – carrying out checks and maintaining vehicles according to the manufacturers’ guidelines.
- lLearn to repair and replace faulty parts and components.
- lAdvise about required repairs to the service department and to customers.
- lProduce time estimates for repairs and maintenance to be completed.
- lMaintain repair and service records on the in-house computer system and for customers.
The programme will ensure that you are trained to learn how to undertake the repairs and servicing of motor vehicles; detect and diagnose any additional faults for further repairs; and ensure that all work is completed safely, complying with manufacturers’ and industry guidelines.
Who are we looking for?
- lHave a keen interest in motor vehicles and be able to follow instructions
- lBe enthusiastic, committed, and confident with an analytical and methodical way of thinking
- lBe highly motivated with an eye for detail.
- lBe driven by your own initiative & an excellent communicator with the ability to maintain positive relationships.
- lA minimum grade C / 4 in English and Maths is preferred.