Apprentice architectural technician
The successful candidate will be responsible to the Technical Design Manager and will develop their skills as part of a wider team of architect, building surveyor and engineers who design and manage construction projects.
The applicant will be required to be competent with ICT and have an interest in an architectural and property construction career. As part of their development, they will assist in developing short term work plans for delivering specific building construction work and commit to undertaking a professional construction qualification.
The role will focus on the development of skills to undertake the following:
- To assist in the development of architectural drawings including plans, elevations, sections, models, 3D views, visualisations and walk-throughs using AutoCAD, Revit and Adobe Photoshop software packages.
- To attend site to assist in undertaking surveys, assess building condition and contractors works during the construction phase, with appropriate support, training and mentoring.
- To assist with the development of briefs, specifications, scopes of work, reports, supporting documents or any other technical information to contribute to the delivery of projects, procurement and Client’s briefings.
- To assist with the preparation of option appraisals, feasibility studies, estimates and technical reports as required.
- To assist with providing design and technical advice and guidance on building construction projects.
- Learn the aspect of Building Design /Project Management and the processes involved with construction, through training, development and practical skills.
- To develop their knowledge in order to ensure all technical information provided is accurate to legislative standards, ACoPs and best practice.
- Be part of a project group who assist with the management of construction projects, as part of their development, utilising the project management process and principals within ENGIE.
- To be a part of a project group who assist with the issuing of works orders, as part of their development, ensuring compliance with legislative, contractual and workmanship requirements including the briefing and commissioning of all consultants and clients.
- To operate within the policies, systems and business plans of Asset Management and ENGIE.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- IT skills / experience of working with Microsoft Office systems, i.e., Word & Excel are essential
- Numeracy, statistical, and presentation skills are essential.
- To have excellent communication skills
- A minimum of five GCSEs grade 4 or above which must include English, Maths, Science and a technology related subject.
- To have a methodical approach using your own initiative to plan, prioritise and organise works
- The flexibility to meet the needs of the service is essential.