£6.50 - £7.00 per hour
The Electrical Apprentice will work together with the Electrical Engineer and Site Team to optimise the property conditions and quality and to ensure that the buildings are kept in clean working conditions.
The successful candidate will be working towards a L3 Diploma in Electrotechnical Services, Maintenance Route and then progress onto an electrical engineering role.
- Carry out planned preventable maintenance (PPM) on electrical and electronic systems, plant and equipment in accordance with the PPM programme.
- Respond in a timely manner to breakdown requests.
- Assist with installation works involved in minor upgrading and adaptation works,
- Carry out duties in accordance with safe working practices within statutory and Company guidelines.
- Safely operate all types of access equipment, hand and power tools in accordance with health & safety and manufacturers’ guidelines.
- Ensure the correct use of personal protective equipment and adherence to health & safety and infection control procedures.
- Respond in a safe manner to the effects of bad weather, e.g. snow clearing, gritting, flooding, high winds where required etc.
- Collaborate and co-operate with the partners and colleagues to deliver a customer focused service.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Willingness to develop into an engineer
- Capable of planning, prioritising and allocating work
- Ability to comply with company policies and procedures
- Aptitude for problem solving