Apprentice Site Supervisor
40 hours per week
The Apprentice Site Supervisor duties and responsibilities include:
- Learn to ensure the work complies with all relevant specifications and drawings.
- Be conversant with the method statement produced for each element within the project and to ensure that the work is executed safely.
- Attend and contribute to any safety initiative as required to ensure the project is constructed safely.
- Comply and manage health and safety in line with Sweet Projects procedures, and current guidance and good practice
- Learn to carry out site induction and toolbox talk to those persons working on or visiting a given project once trained and competent.
- Ensure that site branding and housekeeping standards adhere to company guidelines.
- Learn to co-ordinate the activity of different sub-contractors / trades or section of work to ensure work is carried out efficiently making expectations clear and reviewing the performance standards. Help resolve problems with and between trades attend a weekly sub-contract progress review meeting.
- Learn to produce short term programmes to allow the planning, execution and monitoring of the works compared against the contract programme and ensure all programmes, plans, method statements and risk assessments are up to date, understood and adhered to by all the necessary people.
- Learn to inspect the works as required and in line with Project Quality Plan and relevant Inspection and Test Plans / checklists ensuring that the works are compliant with specification.
- Liaise with the project QS to monitor the financial status of the project, learn to identify solutions to problems and improvements and organise activity to deliver these.
- Set role model and ensure high standards of personal conduct on site at all time to deliver the Sweet Project’s brand image.
- Attend weekly team meetings to discuss project delivery, identify improvement opportunities and celebrate success.
- A Levels – BCC to BBB
- International Baccalaureate – 104 to 120 UCAS Tariff points from the IB
- BTEC Extended Diploma – DMM to DDM
- BTEC Diploma – D*D to D*D*
- Access – 104 to 120 UCAS Tariff points from the Access course