£18,348 per year
36 hours per week
As a Trust apprentice, you will complete your apprenticeship training both on and off-the-job, including regular attendance at our chosen training provider. All college related travel costs are paid for by the Trust.
Whilst on-the-job, you will work with supportive colleagues to get the best out of your apprenticeship experience. We regularly arrange placements for you to build your portfolio, as well as opportunities to work on projects. This involves working across our network, so you may be working away from home. No two days are the same!
About the role
You will be working within our People team, undertaking administration tasks with guidance and support from our experienced and skilled colleagues. You’ll learn how to work as part of a team to meet the Trust’s aims in creating an inclusive environment and culture and deliver people focused solutions to meet our strategic objectives.
- Respond to incoming requests for guidance, advice and information to ensure the delivery of high standards of customer service
- Build trust and sound relationships with internal customers and handle sensitive information professionally and confidentially
- Identify opportunities to improve performance and systems and work collaboratively with colleagues to implement solutions
- Maintain relevant HR records and prepare reports and management information from various data sources with interpretation as required
- Create bespoke documentation as and when required to support delivery of key messages to the People team and wider functions
- Build and maintain a good understanding of the Trust‘s systems, policies and processes to ensure the provision of relevant and accurate information
- Planning and prioritising own workload
- Query resolution and appropriate timely escalation of issues
- Display the Trust‘s values and behaviours at all times
- Ensure that diversity and inclusion are integrated into all aspects of Trust life and promote inclusion by challenging behaviour, practices, actions, or decisions that are counter to the objectives of the Trust’s policies and values
What skills and abilities do I need to have?
- We look for candidates who live and breathe our values; Caring, Open, Local, Inclusive and Excellence and have a willingness to learn, enthusiasm and dedication. We are looking for potential
- You should be IT literate with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. You should be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
What qualifications do I need to have?
Ideally grade A-C or grade 9-4 in Maths, English and Science GCSE (or equivalent) already achieved or on target to achieve.
What qualifications or experience would potentially help me more?
- An interest or connection to the waterways network or our wellbeing agenda
- Any previous experience in a customer focussed environment, potentially through hobbies, work experience or volunteering