Understanding and using email
This online session explains the advantages and disadvantages of using email and demonstrates how to use the different functions to send and receive emails and attachments.
A follow-up one-to-one support session will be offered to help you set up and access a personal email account.
By the end of the one-hour session you’ll:
- know about the different email providers
- understand the different components of an email address
- know about the advantages and disadvantages of using email
- know how to send, delete, forward, reply and attach files to an email and be able to use email folders
- be able to identify phishing (fake) emails.
If you'd like to attend this session, you'll need:
- a digital device (mobile phone, tablet or computer)
- wireless internet connection
- access to a personal email account.
To find out more about our courses and how we can help you with jobs, skills and training, please complete our simple online form and one of our Guideline team will get in touch with you.