Internet safety: how to stay safe online
Increase your knowledge on how to stay safe online following five simple steps you can take to protect yourself.
This one-hour online session also focuses on identity theft, helping you to identify the common risks and advice on the actions you can take to prevent it.
By the end of the session you’ll:
- understand why it is important to stay safe online
- know about online identity theft, the common risks, and the actions you can take to prevent it happening to you
- learn the five steps to staying safe online, including how to prevent viruses, create strong passwords and identify a secure website.
If you'd like to attend this session, you'll need:
- a digital device (mobile phone, tablet or computer)
- wireless internet connection
- access to a personal email account.
To find out more about our courses and how we can help you with jobs, skills and training, please complete our simple online form and one of our Guideline team will get in touch with you.