Introduction to the internet and web browsing
This online session provides an overview of the internet and World Wide Web (WWW) and explains how to use a web browser, search engine and navigate websites, to help you to benefit from the vast amount of useful information and resources that are available online.
By the end of the one-hour session you’ll:
- know the difference between the internet and the World Wide Web
- understand the difference between a web browser and a search engine and how to use them
- be able to use the internet’s main features, such as hyperlinks, website addresses and more
- be able to use Google to find any information you may need.
If you'd like to attend this session, you'll need:
- a digital device (mobile phone, tablet or computer)
- wireless internet connection
- access to a personal email account.
To find out more about our courses and how we can help you with jobs, skills and training, please complete our simple online form and one of our Guideline team will get in touch with you.