Internet safety with parental controls
This online course examines the potential online risks for children and explains the actions you can take to protect your children and family members when they go online.
It also provides an overview of the different types of parental controls that can be used.
By the end of the one-hour session you’ll:
- understand the common risks to being online, such as information security and personal safety, and how to follow steps to stay safe online
- understand the potential risks to children and young people from being online and how you can reduce these risks (eg learn how to create a family agreement)
- know about the parental controls tools you can use to protect children and young people online.
If you'd like to attend this session, you'll need:
- a digital device (mobile phone, tablet or computer)
- wireless internet connection
- access to a personal email account.
To find out more about our courses and how we can help you with jobs, skills and training, please complete our simple online form and one of our Guideline team will get in touch with you.