After the original lockdown in spring 2020, we worked with our partnering contractors, Engie (now known as Equans), United Living and Wates, to ensure appropriate risk assessments and ways of working were put in place before any work resumed. We followed the latest guidance from government departments and Public Health England. The Government encouraged social landlords to continue maintenance work where safe to do so, and we have progressed works successfully and in a safe manner.
The safety of our residents and our staff is still, and will remain, our highest priority, and we’ll continue to take every step possible to ensure the health and safety of everyone we come into contact with, including residents, staff, suppliers and the wider community.
The Covid-19 guidance and safe systems of work that we’ve developed are comprehensive. Below is a brief summary of the key actions our staff and contractors will be taking, and what you can do to help, following the increased measures recently announced by the Government:
- We will contact you to verify the coronavirus status in your household prior to any visits, or will check with you on the doorstep before entering your home.
- We cannot enter your home if anyone has tested positive or is self-isolating, unless it’s an emergency. We will discuss with those residents, any extra precautions that may be needed, or if the work needs to be delayed to sometime in the future.
- We will wear a face covering at all times within your home (unless exempt).
- We will maintain social distancing where possible, and would ask that you do the same.
- We will wear appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment), when social distancing can’t be achieved.
- Where possible, please increase ventilation in your home by having doors and windows open when we’re visiting.
- We have introduced enhanced cleaning regimes, welfare and washing facilities, and welfare supervisors on static sites.
We’ll continue to monitor all guidance issued by the appropriate government departments, and we’ll review and update our procedures in accordance with this advice.
We understand these continue to be difficult times for everyone, and we’re committed to ensuring that our work continues to be carried out responsibly, with everyone’s safety as a priority. Thank you again for your continued cooperation, patience and understanding.
Director of Assets