Together with Tenants
The National Housing Federation is consulting on its ‘Together with Tenants’ plan. Building on the Government’s commitment in the Social Housing Green Paper to better consumer regulation, improving routes for redress, and giving residents of all kinds a strong collective voice, the draft plan [PDF] seeks:
- A new requirement in our Code of Governance for boards to be accountable to their tenants and residents.
- A new charter setting out what tenants and residents can expect from their housing association landlord.
- Tenant and resident oversight and scrutiny of the charter with a report on how their landlord is doing against charter commitments.
- A closer link with regulation
Clarion will be submitting our response to the consultation in mid April. But a key part of the National Housing Federation’s plan is gathering the views of residents in two ways:
- There is a short online survey about the draft tenants’ charter than any resident can respond to. Deadline 19 April 2019
- This survey will be completed anonymously and will not ask you for any personal information.
- There is also the opportunity for Clarion residents to apply to sit on a new tenants’ advisory panel. The deadline for applications is Friday 15 March and more information can be found on the Centre for Public Scrutiny website to guide this work as it develops.
- Housing Association staff or other stakeholders can complete their own online survey to share their views. Deadline 19 April 2019
For more information visit the National Housing Federation website Together with Tenants draft plan [PDF].