Cigarettes - put them out, right out
- Don’t leave a lit cigarette, cigar or pipe lying around. They can easily fall over and start a fire.
- Stub cigarettes out properly, ensuring they are extinguished and use a proper ashtray.
- Never smoke in bed.
- Take extra care if you smoke when you’re tired, taking prescription drugs, or if you’ve been drinking. You might fall asleep and set your bed or sofa on fire.
- Keep matches and lighters out of children’s reach.
- It is safer to smoke outside.
Further information on fire safety in your home