Skip to content

Can't see your query?


We aim to reply within five working days.


0300 500 8000

Monday-Friday 8.30am-5pm (Wednesday 10am-5pm).

EWS1 fire safety forms

New government guidance means some banks and building societies may ask for an EWS1 fire safety form if you want to sell or remortgage your home. The form proves your building meets fire safety standards and was previously required only for buildings over 18 metres high.

Providing this form isn’t a legal requirement, but some lenders are asking for forms before they offer a mortgage. This is causing delays to some mortgage applications.

EWS1 forms can only be completed by the building owner or person responsible for the structure of the building.