Skip to content

Shared owner enquiries

Our shared ownership homes are built and run by our property development company, Latimer Homes.

The Latimer website has all the information you need to manage your home – whether you’ve lived in your home for years or have just moved in. 

In particular, it can help if you want to buy a bigger share in your home, plan to sell your home, or need to report a repair or defect.

Buying a bigger share

One of the benefits of shared ownership is that you can buy bigger shares until you own your home outright. This is a process known as staircasing.

Find out about staircasing on the Latimer website 

Selling your home

You can sell your home whenever you want. If its value has increased, you get to keep any profit on your share. There are some restrictions if you want to sell, but haven’t staircased to 100%.

Find out about selling your home on the Latimer website 

Repairs and defects in your home

You’re responsible for maintaining and repairing your home, including fixtures and fittings. New-build properties do sometimes have minor defects that need fixing. If these occur within an initial defects period we’re responsible for repairing them.

Find out about repairs, defects and how to report them on the Latimer website 

Repairs to communal areas

We’re responsible for maintaining and repairing communal areas; communal plumbing, heating and electrics; fire safety; and the structure of your property.

Other enquiries

For all other shared ownership enquiries, please contact us using our simple online form.

Contact us

EWS1 fire safety forms

In 2020, the government issued revised guidance on building safety standards for flats within apartment blocks. As a result, buildings of any height are now potentially in scope for requiring the EWS1 (external wall system) form devised by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).

EWS1 certification requires a new assessment of the building by a qualified, independent professional to establish if the external wall system meets the new fire risk standards, or whether remedial work is needed.

EWS1 forms are not a legal requirement, but some lenders require one before they’ll offer a mortgage.

As a result, the form may apply to you if you live in an apartment block and want to sell, remortgage or staircase (buy a greater share of your home). EWS1 forms only apply to flats.

We're investigating the external wall systems on our buildings. We're now prioritising blocks under six storeys and expect to complete initial assessments this year. We'll update customers as soon as we know if any work is needed.

Find out more about EWS1 forms and what we’re doing to help