See how we’re transforming a south London community with a £1bn regeneration scheme. Plus, find out about our local residents’ offer and how to get a community grant of up to £5,000.
Our Merton regeneration involves a £1bn investment in the Eastfields, High Path, and Ravensbury areas of Merton. The redevelopment will create 2,800 homes, replacing 1,000 homes and building 1,800 new ones. It will also provide:
- high quality homes designed by award-winning architects
- new parks, public squares, community spaces, recreational facilities, and play spaces
- new retail, office, and leisure spaces that help to create new jobs.
The regeneration will also deliver a range of environmental improvements, including:
- extensive tree planting
- district heat networks
- renewable technologies
- sustainable urban drainage.
Merton residents’ offer
- 800 new flats, maisonettes, and terrace houses
- central green space with tree-lined streets and areas
- improved access to surrounding areas and facilities.
- 1,704 new homes each with private outdoor space
- a new neighbourhood park with a play trail for children
- a new community centre with facilities for everyone.
Ravensbury is a community-focused neighbourhood with tree-lined streets, a village feel, and homes to suit everyone. It will provide:
- over 200 new homes
- lots of trees, play areas, and green spaces
- spacious new community centre.
Young People’s Grant Fund
Find out how you can get a grant of up to £5,000 for a project to help improve the community in Merton.
The Merton Community Panel provides grants for local projects. The first grant programme is the Young People’s Grant Fund for organisations delivering projects in Merton for people 25 and under. Projects should:
- provide opportunities and positive activities for young people
- develop confidence, resilience, and leadership skills
- improve access to training and educational activities
- enhance perceptions of young people.
Applications for this year are now on hold, but will reopen soon. For more information, please email our team.
Temporary housing policy
See where Eastfields, High Path, and Ravensbury residents will live during the Merton regeneration.
Right to buy
See how the regeneration of Eastfields, High Path, and Ravensbury affects residents’ right to buy their home.