An apprenticeship gives you a real job with hands-on experience, a regular salary and the opportunity to train while you work.
Advantages of an apprenticeship
Apprenticeships are a great way to learn valuable work skills, build your experience and start a new career. They’re available in more than 100 professions – from beauty and retail to construction and digital – and take between one and five years to complete.
- Get paid while you train.
- Become fully skilled in your chosen profession.
- Great balance of work skills and learning – with at least 20% of your time in off-the-job learning, often at a college, university or training provider. Start a career path with real future potential.
- Start a career path with real future potential.
Who will help me train and learn?
- Managers help you organise your day-to-day work.
- Training providers look after the learning parts of your apprenticeship.
- Mentors give you extra support throughout your role.
With this apprenticeship, I feel the opportunities are endless. This role has given me the confidence to believe in myself and my abilities; it has put the ambition back in my future.
Our charitable foundation
Clarion Futures can help in lots of ways: from jobs and training to financial guidance and digital skills.
- Money and household bills.
- Jobs, apprenticeships and training.
- Digital skills.
- Mental health and wellbeing.
Darren’s apprenticeship story
Darren is one of the thousands of residents to benefit from our support, training and opportunities.
See how an apprenticeship transformed Darren’s career.
Support throughout your apprenticeship
Our Clarion Futures Apprenticeship Team has helped more than 1,000 people into apprenticeships across 100 industry sectors. We'll support you all the way through your apprenticeship and into your new career.
Before your apprenticeship
Our short pre-employment FastTrack course equips you with the skills, knowledge and behaviours to succeed at interview. Run in collaboration with some of our employer organisations, the course includes a job shadow with the recruiting team, so you get to experience the actual work environment, meet the team and find out about the company and the apprenticeship opportunity. The course is run in conjunction with live opportunities and is available to all shortlisted candidates. The FastTrack programme is also run for all apprenticeship opportunities at Clarion.
During your apprenticeship
Our apprenticeship mentoring programme ensures you receive dedicated, structured one-to-one support. This not only helps you settle into your new position, but also helps your apprenticeship lead to a permanent and fulfilling career.
At the end of your apprenticeship
We’ll work with you to progress to your next role: which often involves securing a permanent role at the organisation in which you did your apprenticeship.