An apprenticeship gives you a real job with hands-on experience, a regular salary, and the opportunity to train while you work.
Advantages of an apprenticeship
Apprenticeships are a great way to learn valuable work skills, build experience, and start a new career. They’re available in more than 100 professions, from beauty and retail to construction and digital, and take between one and five years to complete.
There are lots of great benefits to starting an apprenticeship, including:
- getting paid while you train
- gaining skills and experience in the profession you're interested in
- having a great balance of work skills and learning, where at least 20% of your time in off-the-job learning - usually at a college or university
- starting on a career path with real future potential.
How you learn and train
- training providers look after the learning parts of your apprenticeship
- mentors give you extra support throughout your role
- managers help you organise your day-to-day work.
Click the button below to look at the current apprenticeship opportunities available.
Where could an apprenticeship take you?
We have helped more than 1,000 people into apprenticeships, across hundreds of roles. Take a look at how we can support you.
Support throughout your apprenticeship
We'll support you before, during, and after your apprenticeship and into your new career.
Before your apprenticeship
You'll take part in our short pre-employment FastTrack course. This will help give you the skills, knowledge, and behaviours to succeed in interviews. After that, you'll be able to find out about the company and apprenticeship opportunity, and meet the team.
The FastTrack course runs in collaboration with some of our employer organisations and their live opportunities, and is available to all shortlisted candidates.
During your apprenticeship
Our apprenticeship mentoring programme makes sure you receive dedicated one-to-one support. This not only helps you settle into your new position, but also helps your apprenticeship lead to a permanent and fulfilling career.
At the end of your apprenticeship
We’ll work with you to progress to your next role. This often involves securing a permanent role at the organisation in which you did your apprenticeship.