The Property Services team have awarded three new contracts for the servicing and maintenance of fire servicing equipment across Clarion Housing properties. These contracts are for three years, with the option of a further two year extension.
This equipment includes:
- Fire alarms, communal smoke alarms and detectors.
- Emergency lighting.
- Dry risers.
- Sprinkler systems
- Fire extinguishers and fire blankets.
- Smoke vents and automatic opening vents.
- Hose reels and fire safety signage.
The three contracts are as follows:
- North & East regions – Openview Security Systems Ltd.
- North London – McIntyre Electrical Ltd.
- South London and South Region – Fire Systems Ltd.
- BBC Fire & Security will also continue to work in their current areas alongside the new contractors.
From the 1st June 2019 the new contractors will be responsible for any repairs to fire safety equipment in the communal areas of any blocks managed by Clarion Housing. They will also carry out regular servicing of the equipment to ensure it is well maintained and that Clarion Housing are compliant with the recommended servicing schedules.
In most cases, the contractors should not need to access individual properties but you may see them in and around your block, carrying out work. If you report a problem with any equipment, then they may also wish to talk to you to understand the details before or during repair work. They may also request that you allow them access to the block you live in. All engineers will carry ID but if you are concerned, please do contact us.
If your service charges have been affected by these new contractors, you will have received two consultation letters regarding this change, one in June 2018 and one in March 2019. This letter will detail the specific annual charges for your block.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us.