Clarion Housing has 350,000 residents and it is my responsibility to do everything we can to support you at this challenging time. I am passionate about providing a good service to each of you and it has never been more important that we protect your homes and communities.
I wanted to let you know how our services as a landlord are adapting to the coronavirus epidemic, the steps we are taking to keep people safe and provide extra help wherever possible.
Firstly, we have moved to a critical only repairs service. This means we’ll continue to carry out the repairs required to keep your home safe and secure. If you think you need an urgent repair, please contact us in the normal way.
We are following the government guidance and have closed our local offices, but continue to do a huge amount of work in our communities – in person where necessary and via the phone or online where we possibly can.
- There are around 12,000 Clarion residents over the age of 70 and we’ve set-up a programme of rolling phone calls to them, to help their wellbeing and make sure they can access support if they need it. We have had very positive feedback on this initiative.
- We are already looking to extend these calls, including to residents who are aged between 18 to 25.
- Our LiveSmart schemes for over 55s have closed their communal spaces, but every resident now receives a daily call from the scheme manager and all have a personal alarm which is monitored 24/7 by a call centre.
- We are continuing with urgent housing visits and our caretaking and environmental services. This means our caretakers will continue to keep estates clean and tidy and, with fire and trip hazards removed. This is all to keep your neighbourhoods feeling as normal as possible.
- Lots of small community and charity groups are being affected, so Clarion Futures (our charitable foundation) has established an Emergency Support Fund, allowing us to provide direct financial support to some of our longstanding partners, including food banks.
- If you are struggling to meet your essential household bills or would like support to find work or training, Clarion Futures can help. They offer practical support to help you feel more in control of your situation and access advice. Contact our GuideLine for more information.
I have been lifted by the stories of people working together during this crisis and I promise that Clarion will continue to do all we can to support you, your neighbours and communities in the weeks ahead.
Chief Operating Officer, Clarion Housing Group