Making a positive impact through sport in Bradford and Hull
2 September 2021
Young people will be able to take part in free multi-sport sessions across Bradford and Hull, as part of a three-year project supported by Clarion Futures and the National Lottery Community Fund to improve physical fitness and wellbeing.
The sessions take place after school and at weekends during term-time and are open to those aged 11-19 living in Bradford (BD4) and Hull (HU9). Whilst having fun, participants will learn new skills and make friends with other young people in their local community.
There are also opportunities to attend residential stays during half term at venues like Buckden House in the Yorkshire Dales, and take part in caving, a thrilling high ropes adventure, archery and an exciting evening walk with a National Trust ranger.
Whilst attending these sessions, participants will also benefit from access to courses to gain qualifications such as an Introduction to Coaching Football delivered by The Football Association, and the Multi Skills Activator accredited course delivered by Street Games.
In addition, young people taking part in the programme will benefit from tailored employability and training support from Clarion Futures, utilising established links with local businesses offering work experience and potential employment opportunities.
Matt Parsonage, Head of Communities at Clarion Futures, said: “Providing opportunities for young people in Clarion homes and communities is at the heart of what we do. Working with our partners, we look forward to bringing young people together through sport and empowering and supporting them to fulfil their potential.”
To find out more email YouthSports@clarionhg.com
Weekly event details:
- Monday – 17:00 -18:30pm – Emerge, Indoor football – TFD Centre, BD4 9DY
- Wednesday – 14:30-18:00pm – Emerge, CAP/social action – Sutton Community Centre, BD4 8NB
- Thursday – 17:00-18:30pm – Emerge, multi-sports - Sutton Community Centre, BD4 8NB
- Friday – 17:30-19:00pm – Bradford City F.C., football - Sutton Community Centre, BD4 8NB
- Monday – 17:00-18:30pm – Hull KR – Rugby – Shelley Avenue Sports Centre, HU9 4RN
- Wednesday – 16:30-18:00pm – Child Dynamix – CAP/social action - Shelley Avenue Sports Centre, HU9 4RN
- Thursday – 17:00-18:30pm – Hull Tigers Trust, football - Shelley Avenue Sports Centre, HU9 4RN
- Saturday – 13:00-14:30pm – Child Dynamix – multi sports - Shelley Avenue Sports Centre, HU9 4RN