The festive period can be tough if your money is stretched. Even if you can access credit, this just causes more challenges when the bills arrive in January.
Here we share some tops tips from residents to help avoid spending a fortune during the festive season:
- “I work out what I can afford and try to stick to it”
- “I add a little something each week to my shopping so I don’t have to buy everything in one go”
- “I framed some photos of my family and they really liked the present”
- “I think of something I can do for someone else as a gift rather than spend money”
- “Friends and I agreed that we would rather not give gifts and save money to go out together when we could”
For lots more practical ideas, check out 44 Christmas MoneySaving tips.
We’re here to help
If you are feeling worried about how you are going to feed yourself and the people you live with or keep warm this winter, please get in touch and let us know how we can help. Simply complete an online ‘Request for guidance’ contact form and a member of the team will get back to you.
Alternatively, you can visit our financial guidance section, where we have an abundance of handy information and ways you can manage and feel more in control of your money.