How to swap homes
If your housing requirements change, you may be able to swap homes with another tenant: this is known as a mutual exchange.
Swapping homes can be a great way to find a home that’s more suitable for you and your family.
- Find a bigger home: benefit from extra space if you have more children.
- Find a smaller home: find a more manageable home if your kids have moved out.
- Move to a new area: get a home nearer your work, or closer to your children’s school.
- Get a garden: move to a home with outdoor space if you’ve got a growing family.
- Adapt to health changes: find a home with disabled access, or without stairs.
Swap homes using House Exchange
Unless you already know someone who wants to swap homes, the House Exchange website is the best way to find a new home.
The website has homes available to swap across the UK and from different housing associations – not just Clarion homes. You can search according to the location, size and type of home you want. Registration is free for all Clarion residents.