How to swap homes
If you need to move home, you may be able to swap homes with another tenant: this is known as a mutual exchange.
Swapping homes through a process called mutual exchange can be a great way to find a home that’s more suitable for you and your family. There could be many reasons behind wanting to move, with the most common being:
- Find a bigger home: benefit from extra space if you have a growing family.
- Find a smaller home: find a more manageable home with a smaller rent charge and often lower gas and electricity costs if your household size has reduced.
- Move to a new area: get a home nearer your work, or closer to your children’s school.
- Adapt to health changes: find a home with disabled access, or without stairs.
- Have or give up a garden: move to a home with outdoor space, or if you can no longer cope with a garden you could swap to a flat or bungalow.
Swap homes using House Exchange
Unless you already know someone who wants to swap homes, the House Exchange website is the best way to find a new home.
The website has homes available to swap across the UK and from different housing associations – not just Clarion homes. You can search according to the location, size and type of home you want. Registration is free for all Clarion residents.