Skip to content

Notification of a death

If a loved one, friend, or relative who lived in a Clarion home has passed away, there are a number of things to organise

This may be a difficult time for you, so we’ll be here to guide you through every step and make it all as easy as possible.

To help organise things for you, we’ll need:

  • the name of the person who has passed away

  • a copy of their death certificate

  • details of any executors or people looking after the deceased person’s estate

  • the names of any people still living in the property

  • details of anyone who wants to take over the tenancy

  • your name, address, and contact details.

You can use our simple online form to tell us about a death, or you can phone our customer services team on 0300 500 8000.

Complete form now

Ending a tenancy after a death

A tenant’s death doesn’t automatically end the tenancy, so rent will continue to be due after they’ve passed away. Their estate will be liable for any rent, so it’s best to get the tenancy officially ended to avoid any rent arrears.

To officially end a tenancy, we’ll need:

  • written notice of termination
  • the property to be vacated
  • the keys to be returned.

More information

Find out about deaths and wills on the Citizens Advice website

Find out about death certificates on the Government website