Your Clarion online account
Jobs, skills and training
Develop your skills through our range of courses and see how we can help you find a new job or apprenticeship.
We understand how important it is to find the right career path for you. And we’ll be with you every step of the way.
Whether you’re a Clarion resident or not, we can help you develop your work, business and digital skills.
We provide free training and employment support tailored to your needs, as well as grants to get you started in your new role and ongoing assistance to help you succeed.
You can also benefit from our dedicated support to help you set up your own business, with help and guidance on anything from drafting a business plan and marketing your business to getting funding and grants.
How we helped in 2019-20
- 3,834 people supported into work.
- 254 people placed into apprenticeships.
- 208 people helped to start their own business.
- 6,000+ training sessions.
Grants for work and business
- Re:Work - up to £150 for a new job.
- Re:Train - up to £1,000 for career-related training.
- Business Start Up - up to £1,000 for starting or growing a business.
- Business Re:Work - up to £250 for becoming self-employed.
Digital skills courses
You can benefit from our range of digital skills courses, whether you’re looking for a new job or just want to learn to get online safely.
And you can even borrow devices such as laptops, tablets and mobile wifi units while you learn with us.
There are drop-in classes, workshops and accredited courses, with many now available online via Microsoft Teams or Zoom.
- CVs and job searching.
- Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Using email.
- Introduction to computers and the internet.
- Device management and maintenance.
- Social media basics.
- Internet safety.
- Shopping and saving money online.
- Using your Clarion online account.
“Without digital skills I was feeling left behind. Now I’m able to keep in touch with people, create documents and manage my money.”
Digital skills checker
Try our simple, online game and see how you could improve your digital skills.
Test your knowledge on a range of digital skills, including using email, safe online shopping and searching for jobs online.
You’ll be able to see how you can develop your skills and even request training suited to you.
Meet Jess – new business owner
See how we helped Jess start her own business, and find out how we can help you.