Sherwood Close, London
Explore the green, new neighbourhood we’re creating in collaboration with local residents in West Ealing in London.
Sherwood Close is a thriving, mixed-tenure neighbourhood, full of community facilities and spacious homes designed with the needs and wishes of residents in mind.
Residents, neighbours, local stakeholders and Ealing council were involved throughout the development of the design proposals, creating the blueprint for a vibrant community.
Residents have already moved into the first 71 homes with the construction of a further 139 homes on track.
- High-quality homes for new and existing residents.
- Tree-lined avenues, communal courtyards and private gardens.
- Play areas and private spaces.
- Transport links to shops and transport connections.
What you can expect
- Each home is at least the same size as the home it replaces.
- Every home has private outdoor space.
- All social rented homes are being replaced.
- Payments to cover the costs of moving and settling in.
Clarion residents are being rehoused according to need, with larger homes for overcrowded families and, in some cases, adult children getting their own home. Existing residents are being rehoused first.
About Sherwood Close
Sherwood Close is a 1970s estate owned by Ealing council. In 2008, the council identified that major works were needed to bring the estate and its 209 homes up to the government’s Decent Homes Standard. The estate had a lack of family-sized homes, as well as problems with poorly lit corridors and antisocial behaviour.