Fire safety services – our new contractor
We want to improve our fire safety services
We use a range of fire safety equipment across Clarion properties. This equipment includes:
- fire detection systems
- firefighting equipment
- emergency lighting and signage
About fire safety at Clarion
The equipment requires several servicing and inspection regimes. These services depend on type of equipment and our obligations under the following legislations:
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Health and Safety at Work 1974
- Health and Safety (Safety Signs and Signals) Regulations 1996
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
Our proposal document is the formal specification of the services to be provided under the proposed Qualifying Long-Term Agreement (QLTA). It tells you the detail of the fire safety services we must provide our tenants.
You can download a PDF copy of our proposal document from the link below. Please email us if you'd like to receive out proposal document via email or post by emailing us at email@example.com
Share your thoughts with us
Our residents are invited to share their thoughts and comments on our Fire Safety policy. These comments are known as ‘observations’ and are detailed in section 20 of the Qualifying Long-Term Agreement (QLTA). These observations have to be collected and considered as part of our process.
An observation might be any questions, comments or concerns you have on the Fire Safety services offered by Clarion.
Please send your comments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can send by post to:
Home Ownership Team
Clarion Housing Group
Norwich, NR7 0WF.
Please click the 'Share you thoughts' button below to send us your observations.
Our fire safety contractors
All our fire safety measure are carried out by registered fire safety contractors.
These contractors must have the following:
- Experience of planning and delivering a high quality planned preventative maintenance and reactive maintenance of fire safety equipment nationwide, including equipment manufactured by Gent, Protec, Haes, Chubb, ADT, Aico and Kentec etc.
- Capability of designing accredited fire protection systems and producing detailed schedules of work for remedial actions and system installations.
- Experience of working within the social housing sector.
- Ability to demonstrate an appropriate formal quality assurance/control process that is adhered to by directly employed engineers.
- BAFE accredited for system design, installation, commissioning, handover and maintenance.
In addition, our contractors must have experience of completing works in a multitude of property types. This includes but not limited to:
- general needs
- high risk residential buildings
- complex design
- estate offices
- converted street properties
- community centres
- sheltered & supported housing and temporary accommodation
- extra care
- key worker
You can download more information in our Frequently Asked Questions document below.