Clarion Futures supports more than 70 community centres across the country. Our centres are hubs with different activities to offer including:
- Keep fit - with activities including pilates, Zumba, yoga, dance and slimming classes.
- Learning and growth - including classes to get residents online, pre-school nurseries, employment and training courses, and homework clubs.
- Venue hire - for businesses to use for training courses.
- Social events – including youth clubs, coffee mornings, cooking and food activities, hobby groups, and private hire for parties.
- Support services – advice and guidance with money worries, help with finding work, and support with coping with life’s challenges.
- Environmental – including gardening clubs, clean up days, and sustainability initiatives.
Many of the activities held at our community centres are delivered by volunteers, partners or budding entrepreneurs. If you do not find something that interests you at a centre near you, or you have an activity idea, then Clarion Futures can help get those ideas off the ground. For example, we offer a range of funding grants and can sometimes offer space or help in other ways.
Do you want to volunteer?
If you would like to be more involved in your local community, or have some spare time to help make a difference to the lives of others, we have many volunteering opportunities at our community centres. We can also offer help to get your activity idea off the ground. So, get in touch:
- If you have specialist skills to share, or would like to learn something new, such as social media, finance, IT, youth work, fundraising or management skills.
- If you want to meet your neighbours and help publicise community centre events.
- If you can help with day to day tasks, such as caretaking, greeting hirers and admin.
- If you want to find a space and get the support you need to develop your own community activity.
- If you want to become a member of the management committee.
There are opportunities to suit everyone. Contact the Community Assets team Community.Assets@myclarionhousing.com for more information.