Spotlight on gas safety
We introduced Clarion Commitments to highlight the services we offer to you, our residents, and the standard you can expect from us.
Each month we publish our results to demonstrate our commitment to being open and transparent in our service delivery. Click here to view our full performance report for October.
Resident safety is a priority for us, so this month we spotlight Commitment no.4 which focuses on the regular checks we carry out on our properties.
Our October results for Commitment no 4 include:
- Exceeded our targets for safety checks of communal water tanks, lift inspections, asbestos surveys, and fire risk assessments.
- Carried out 100,262 electrical wiring checks, which exceeded our target of 95% completion.
- Carried out 80,728 annual gas safety checks, which is 99.7% of our target.
Regular checks are essential to maintain building safety, and we recently launched a campaign to highlight the importance of annual gas safety check-up.
- We carry out gas safety checks to make sure your gas and heating systems are safe, to protect you, your neighbours, and your home.
- You have a legal responsibility to allow us to perform the gas safety check.
- Gas safety checks are free, quick and simple; 20 minutes is usually all it takes for our engineer to check your home and your appliances.
- They will also test your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
Gas check-ups save lives.
When you receive your gas safety appointment letter, please make sure you keep or rearrange the appointment time, and allow our engineers into your home to carry out the check.
Please contact us if you haven’t had a gas safety check in the last 12 months, or if you haven’t been contacted by our contractor about a safety check that is due.
Call the Customer Support Team: 0300 333 6591
Click here to find out more about gas safety.
We are committed to making a difference. Find out more about the Clarion Commitments