Your viewing and sign-up appointment
Find out what to expect from your viewing appointment and what to bring along.
Moving in guide
Moving can be a daunting process at the best of times. We've developed a step-by-step guide to help you through it. We cover all the key stages, from signing up to settling in.
What to expect from the viewing
You’ll receive an email from us with details of the property viewing. This email includes:
- the property address
- the rent amount
- the date and time of the viewing
- the name of the Clarion staff member you’ll be meeting
This email also includes:
- your tenancy agreement terms and conditions,
- the gas and electrical safety certificates
- the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for the property.
We’ll show you around the inside of the property and any outside areas. We can also answer any questions you have. If you wish to accept the property, we’ll ask you to sign the tenancy agreement and you’ll be given the keys. If you need a bit of time to think about it, we can discuss this with you at the viewing.
Please contact us if you have any urgent questions before the viewing or need to reschedule or cancel the appointment on 0300 500 8000.
What to bring with you to the viewing
There are key documents that you need to bring to the appointment. Ensure you bring all of the items listed below to avoid delays. Please bring with you:
- your passport or driving licence
- a bank card in your name for your first rent payment
- your current proof of child benefit
- birth certificates for all household members
- confirmation of your National Insurance number
- current proof of income
- proof of current welfare benefits (such as Housing Benefit or Universal Credit)
Who should come to the viewing?
All household members over the age of 18 are required to attend the viewing. If you have applied for a joint tenancy, both tenants must attend.
Pre-viewing tasks to complete
Before the viewing, you are required to complete a couple of tasks. Please ensure that you:
- read through our standard tenancy agreement terms and conditions which will be attached to the invite email you receive
- read our privacy notice
- remember to bring the documents listed above with you to the appointment.
About the property
Your new home does not come with furniture. You’ll need to provide your own furniture and appliances, including a fridge and cooker. We can signpost you to local organisations who may be able to assist with this.
You are also responsible for decorating your home. We may be able to give you a decorating pack, including paint, paintbrushes and other decorating material. We can discuss this if you choose to accept the property.
We let our properties with the gas supply disconnected. If you accept the property, we will direct you on how to arrange for the gas supply to be reconnected. This can take up to 48 hours after you sign-up.
And that is it! We look forward to meeting you at the viewing and showing you around your potential new home.
Find out more about your moving in journey
Welcome to Clarion
Information on setting up your Clarion online account, resident involvement and more.
Setting up your new home
We understand that moving house can be a stressful time. We have created some step-by-step guidance to make settling into your new home a bit easier.
Help with furniture
Top tips on the best ways to furnish your home on a budget.