We have been made aware that some residents have received calls from numbers beginning 01204 200***.
The caller is claiming to be from ‘The Social Housing Support Team’ and is asking for any outstanding repairs and customer details to be provided via Whatsapp.
Please note that these calls are not from Clarion. We do not use Whatsapp as a channel and would never ask for your details to be sent to us.
If you get a call and are unsure, ask for their name and call us to check on 0300 500 8000.
Other scam phone calls commonly include:
- Banks: claiming there’s a problem with your card or account
HMRC: claiming there is an issue with your tax refund or unpaid bill
- Computer repair or phone provider: claiming there is a fault with your computer, internet or phone line
- Welfare calls: pretending to be Clarion staff and asking for personal identity information
Scammers can also visit your home pretending to be:
- Contractors without an appointment: We always book repairs and gas visits ahead
- Housing staff without identification: All our staff carry ID
What to do:
Don’t reveal personal details and don’t feel rushed into making decisions.
Hang up or close the door if you feel harassed or intimidated.
Ring the organisation if you’re unsure, but always find the number yourself.
The safest way to pay us with a bank card is through the Clarion Housing website.
If you need to pay over the phone, our staff will ask residents to key their card details on their phone.
You should never read the card details over the phone to us.