We have been made aware of a recent incident where a resident has been approached by an impersonator claiming to be a Clarion Response operative.
If you are visited at home unexpectedly by someone claiming to be one of our operators or contractors, please be aware that we always book repairs and gas visits ahead and all our staff carry ID.
If you are ever unsure, ask for their name and call us to check on 0300 500 8000. If they are genuine, they won’t mind waiting. Close the door if you feel harassed or intimidated.
Beware of scam phone calls
Scam phone calls are a common tactic impersonators use and include:
- Banks: claiming there is a problem with your card or account
- HMRC: claiming there is an issue with your tax refund or unpaid bill
- Computer repair or phone provider: claiming there is a fault with your computer, internet or phone line
- Welfare calls: pretending to be Clarion staff and asking for personal identity information.
What to do
- Don’t reveal personal details and don’t feel rushed into making decisions
- Hang up or close the door if you feel harassed or intimidated
- Ring the organisation if you’re unsure, but always find the number yourself.
Making payments safely
The safest way to pay us with a bank card is through the Clarion Housing website.
If you need to pay over the phone, our staff will ask residents to key their card details on their phone.
You should never read the card details over the phone to us.